Mushroom Rice Salad
|Minute rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs), boiling|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1 Small, chopped|
|Canned mushroom stems and pieces||6 Ounce (1 Tin)|
|White sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Celery seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Drain mushrooms and keep aside.
2. In a saucepan, cook rice as directed on package.
3. Let it cool down.
4. In a large bowl, place cooked rice and add onions, celery and pepper.
5. Add the drained mushrooms, sugar, salt, mustard, celery seed, vinegar and vegetable oil; mix well.
6. Keep the salad in the refrigerator until chill.
7. Serve as is.