Chicken Salad A La Caesar
|Extra virgin olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts||1 1⁄2 Pound, pounded thin|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned flat anchovy fillets||4 Ounce, drained|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Red bell peppers||2 , stemmed and seeded|
|Romaine lettuce leaves||12 , rinsed and dried|
|Fresh parmesan cheese||2 Ounce (Use 1 Chunk)|
|Garlic croutons||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Store Bought Or Homemade)|
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the chicken until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Remove it to a plate to cool for 10 minutes (or grill the chicken on a stovetop grill).
2. While the chicken is cooking, combine the remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil with the vegetable oil, vinegar, anchovies, and garlic cloves in a blender and puree. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and transfer half of the dressing to a large mixing bowl.
3. Trim and thinly slice the scallions (white and green parts), and cut the bell peppers into 3/4-inch dice; add them to the mixing bowl. Tear the lettuce into 3/4-inch pieces and add them to the bowl. Toss the ingredients well to combine them with the dressing.
4. Cut the cooled chicken into 1 -inch lengthwise strips, then across into 1/2-inch strips. Pour the remaining dressing over the chicken and let it stand for as long as possible so the chicken absorbs the flavor.
5. Right before serving, add the chicken to the mixing bowl and toss the ingredients together. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let each person grate some Parmesan over their portion of salad, and garnish with croutons.