24 Hour Salad
|Egg yolks||3 , beaten|
|Pineapple syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned pitted white cherries||2 Cup (32 tbs), drained|
|Drained canned pineapple tidbits||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Orange segments||2 Can (20 oz), drained|
|Miniature marshmallows||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
1. In top of double boiler combine egg yolks, sugar, vinegar, pineapple syrup, butter and salt and cook over hot, not boiling water, till thick, stirring constantly.
2. Let it cool and stir in cherries, pineapple tidbits, orange pieces and marshmallows.
3. Fold in whipped cream and spoon gently into serving bowl.
4. Chill 24 hours in fridge to let the flavors to blend.
5. Trim salad with orange sections, maraschino cherries and green grapes and serve.