Overnight Layered Salad
|Iceberg lettuce head||1 Medium, washed and chilled|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Pound (1 Bunch)|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Bell pepper/Pimento||1⁄2 , seeded (Red Or Green)|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Mayonnaise||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Bacon||3⁄4 Pound, fried crisp and drained|
1. In food processor insert slicing disc.
2. Core lettuce, cut in wedges so that it can stand in feed tube of the food processor and slice.
3. Over bottom of wide 4-quart serving dish spread lettuce.
4. With a knife thinly slice green onions and part of tops and scatter slices over lettuce.
5. Draining the water chestnuts, drop into processor, slice and sprinkle over onions.
6. In feed tube of the food processor stand red or green pepper vertically â€“ slice and sprinkle over chestnuts.
7. Cutting celery in lengths, slice in processor and sprinkle over pepper.
8. Break frozen peas apart - sprinkle over salad, spread mayonnaise over peas and sprinkle with sugar, Parmesan, salt and garlic powder.
9. With metal blade, process bacon until finely chopped and sprinkle over salad.
10. Wash processor, cut eggs in quarters and process in processor until coarsely chopped.
11. Sprinkle over bacon and chill with cover 4-24 hours.
12. Before serving, cut tomato wedges and arrange around top of salad.
13. Use salad servers to lift out each serving and serve.