Shrimp Salad San Joaquin
|Small shrimp||12 Ounce, cooked shelled and deveined (tails left on)|
|Scallions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (Green Onions)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Water||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Instant chicken broth and seasoning mix||20 Pound (4 Packets)|
|Hot sauce||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Instant rice||4 Ounce, uncooked|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, seeded and cut into thin strips|
|Green bell peppers||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Pepper||1 Dash (To Taste)|
|Italian flat leaf parsley sprigs||3 (As Required)|
|Thin lime slices||3 (As Required)|
1) In a large glass bowl, toss the shrimp, scallions, oil and garlic together until thoroughly coated, cover and refrigerate overnight.
2) In a 1-quart saucepan, stir the water, broth mix, hot sauce and red pepper together, until the broth mix is dissolved.
3) Bring to a boil, stir in the rice, turn off the heat, cover and allow to stand for 5 minutes, then fluff the rice with a fork.
4) Add the tomatoes, bell peppers, pepper and salt, if desired, toss well to combine.
5) Add the rice mixture to the shrimp mixture and toss until thoroughly combined.
6) Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until chilled.
7) Garnished with parsley sprigs and lime slices and serve immediately.
Calories 399 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.3%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129.3 mg43.1%
Sodium 6647.7 mg277%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 13.5 g
Protein 32 g63.2%
Vitamin A 24% Vitamin C 86.3%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet