Pasta Salad with Roasted Peppers and Onions
|Peppers||6 (Red / Yellow / Combination)|
|Shell pasta/Ditali||12 Ounce|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||3 , sliced|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Tomatoes||3 , diced|
|Sour cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Hot sauce||1 Dash|
1. In oven broil peppers, turning often, for 15 minutes such that charred.
2. Then cool, peel skins, remove stem and seeds, cut into strips and set aside.
3. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 8 to 10 minutes such that al dente.
4. To prepare sauce in a large skillet, heat oil over high heat and cook onions stirring frequently, until golden brown.
5. Stir in garlic and paprika, cook for 1 minute, then stir in tomatoes and pepper strips, cook 1 minute longer and remove from heat.
6. With sauce, sour cream and hot sauce toss drained pasta.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.