Simple Summer Fruit Salad
|Superfine sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange||1 Small, grated rind and juice|
|Currants||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red currants||1 Cup (16 tbs), stripped from their stems|
|Blackberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Blueberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Strawberries||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Raspberries||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Ricotta||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Low Fat)|
|Low fat ricotta cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a heavy bottomed pan, place water, sugar and grated orange and heat over low flame while stirring until sugar is dissolved.
2) Add orange juice and red currants and boil the syrup.
3) Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4) Strain the syrup in a bowl and reserve the fruits.
5) Blend water and arrowroot.
6) Return th syrup to pan and add arrowrrot mixture.
7) Boil the syrup and cook until thickened.
8) Add port and blend well.
9) Pour syrup over red currants in a bowl and add other berries.
10) Mix well and let the fruits remain like this to cool until required.
11) In individual glass dishes, serve the fruits with ricotta.