Rice and Pineapple Salad
|Long grain rice||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Oil vinegar||5 Tablespoon|
|Oil and vinegar dressing||5 Tablespoon (Ready / Homemade)|
|Canned pineapple rings||2|
|Green pepper||1 Small|
|Spring onions sprigs||3|
|Seedless raisins||2 Tablespoon|
1. Finely chop the pineapple rings into bits.
2. Halve, deseed and finely chop the green pepper.
3. Wash, trim and shred the spring onions.
4. In a colander or sieve, place the rice
5. Wash under cold tap water and drain thoroughly, 3 to 4 times well.
6. In a saucepan, bring water to a rapid boil, adding a generously pinch of salt.
7. Slowly add rice to the boiling water.
8. Let boil rapidly for 8 minutes, stirring once in a while, to prevent grains from stick to the base of the pan.
9. Test for doneness by pinching a grain between the thumb and forefinger, it should be tender at the core.
10. Drain the rice into a colander and refresh under running hot water for a few seconds, to free the grains from the starchy cooking water.
11. Fluff with a fork and add 3 tablespoons of the dressing.
12. Toss lightly to coat the rice and set aside until cold.
13. In a salad bowl, combine the rice with remaining ingredients, adding the remaining dressing.
14. Toss lightly but thoroughly.
15. Serve the salad cold with cold meat or poultry, or with any cold dish or with curry.
Calories 1106 Calories from Fat 305
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.7%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g21.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 27.8 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 212 g70.8%
Dietary Fiber 15.7 g62.8%
Sugars 121.9 g
Protein 10 g19.9%
Vitamin A 19.3% Vitamin C 802.5%
Calcium 15.6% Iron 21.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet