Potato And Cucumber Salad
|New potatoes||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Pint (1 1/2 Deciliter)|
|Single cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly milled|
|Chives sprig/Parsley sprigs||2 , finely chopped (Few)|
1. Wash and scrub the potatoes thoroughly, being careful not to bruise the skin.
2. In a large saucepan fill water, add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
3. Add potatoes to the boiling water and cook for about 10 -12 minutes until tender.
4. Drain and let cool.
5. In the meantime, peel the cucumber and halve lengthwise
6. Scoop out seeds and dice the cucumber finely.
7. In a small saucepan bring water to a boil and add cucumber to it boiling it for 2 minutes until blanched.
8. Drain, refresh under cold water and cool.
9. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, dice into small cubes.
10. In a salad bowl, combine potato and cucumber dices.
11. Blend the mayonnaise with cream and pour over the salad.
12. Add salt and pepper to taste.
13. Toss well until potatoes and cucumbers coated with the dressing.
14. Tip into a salad bowl and garnish with chives or parsley and serve.