Chicory and Orange Salad
|Oil and vinegar dressing||3 Tablespoon (Bottled Or Homemade)|
1. Trim the base of the chicory heats and strip the outer wilted and damaged leaves.
2. Wipe the heads of chicory with a damp and clean kitchen towl.
3. Cut crosswise into chunks. Keep aside.
4. Use a sharp paring knife to peel skin and white pith from the orange.
5. Separate the segments of orange flesh, leaving piths behind. Place in a bowl and keep aside.
6. In a salad bowl, place chicory
7. Pour the dressing over it and toss until well coated.
8. Add orange segments and toss lightly.
9. Serve immediately.
Calories 51 Calories from Fat 31
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.4%
Saturated Fat 0.45 g2.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 13.5 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 0.74 g1.5%
Vitamin A 35.8% Vitamin C 37%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet