Eggplant Salad Trinidadelish
|Macaroni shell||8 Ounce, cooked|
|Tomato||1 Medium, chopped|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), freshly squeezed|
|Parsley||4 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Dry vermouth||2 Tablespoon|
|Green onion||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Seasoned salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Lettuce||1 (As Required)|
1. Wash eggplant; prick skin several times with fork.
2. Place on baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until eggplant becomes tender.
3. Cool the baked eggplant and peel off its skin; cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
4. Take a large bowl and combine in it eggplant, macaroni and tomatoes.
5. Prepare dressing by mixing all remaining ingredients and pour over eggplant-macaroni-tomato mixture.
6. Cover the bowl with a lid and place into freezer for overnight.
7. Serve the preparation on the crisp lettuce leaves.
Calories 521 Calories from Fat 255
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.2%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 801.4 mg33.4%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.5%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 10 g21%
Vitamin A 159.1% Vitamin C 84.7%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet