Asparagus Pasta Salad
|Bow tie pasta||1⁄2 Pound, cooked al dente and cooled (Farfalle)|
|Shallot||1 Small, finely chopped (Or 1/2 Large)|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Eyeball It)|
|Asparagus||1 Pound (Thin Spears)|
|Endive||2 , cored and thinly sliced|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Small, chopped|
|Frozen green peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flat-leaf parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped fresh (A Couple Handfuls)|
|White wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a microwave-safe covered dish heat shallots and oil for 30 seconds.
2) Alternately, in a small pan add shallots and oil on the stovetop over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
3) Let stand to cool for sometime.
4) In a saucepan, cover trimmed asparagus tops in 1-inch simmering water for 3 to 5 minutes.
5) Keep under cold running water and drain.
6) Cut into angular 1-inch pieces and add to a bowl.
7) In a bowl combine endive, red bell pepper, cooked pasta, green peas and chopped parsley.
8) The peas will defrost.
9) In a small bowl pour vinegar and whisk in cooled shallot oil.
10) Pour dressing over salad and toss.
11) Season with salt and pepper and toss again.
Calories 335 Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.4%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 174.9 mg7.3%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 12.2 g48.9%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 9 g18.2%
Vitamin A 145.6% Vitamin C 89.2%
Calcium 17.3% Iron 28.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet