Sweet and Sour Spinach Salad
|Beets||3⁄4 Pound, cleaned (4 Medium Pieces)|
|Hard cooked eggs||2|
|Spinach||1 Pound, washed, dried|
|Oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Malt vinegar||4 Tablespoon (English Or Canadian)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry marjoram||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Cook the beets in water for 35-40 minutes until tender. Drain, allow to cool then peel and refrigerate.
2) In a food processor bowl with a shredding disc, process the beets until shredded remove from the bowl and set aside.
3) In the processor bowl with the metal blade, process the egg white until finely chopped. Removeand keep aside.
4) Add garlic and process until finely minced.
5) Add the vinegar, brown sugar, thyme, marjoram, salt and pepper and process until well-mixed.
6) In a large bowl, tear and place the spinach leaves, add egg whites and dressing, toss gently to mix.
7) Spoon the shredded beets in the center of the salad.
8) Sprinkle with the egg yolks and serve immediately.