Shrimply Garlic Potato Salad
|Potatoes||6 Medium (Preferably Red Rose Variety)|
|Bacon slices||4 , coarsely chopped|
|Shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, cleaned and de-veined|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm), minced (Fresh)|
|White wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (White Wine Variety)|
|Mustard||1 Tablespoon (German)|
|Green onions||2 , minced|
|Dill pickle||1 , chopped|
|Lettuce||1 (Or As Required)|
1. Boil potatoes with jackets on for 25 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain the water.
3. Take a large skillet, fry bacon until barely cooked, then add shrimp and garlic.
4. Cook with stirring, until shrimp have cooked thoroughly, being careful not to burn garlic.
5. Remove bacon and shrimp and set aside.
6. Drain thee pan and add sugar and wine in it.
7. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
8. Add vinegar and mustard and simmer for 1 minute longer.
9. Set the preparation aside.
10. Slice potatoes with jackets into large bowl.
11. Add hot liquid on it and mix.
12. Add pickle, onion, shrimp, bacon, salt, and pepper to taste.
13. mix well all ingredients and serve on crisp lettuce leaves.
Calories 363 Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.2%
Saturated Fat 0.63 g3.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87.9 mg29.3%
Sodium 301 mg12.5%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 20 g39.7%
Vitamin A 130.7% Vitamin C 125.5%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 26.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet