Blackberry, Apple And Fresh Fig Compote With Honey Yogurt
|Superfine sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Elder flower cordial||4 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Blackberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Creamy natural yogurt||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), whipped, chilled (Thick)|
|Clear honey||2 Tablespoon|
1. Use a potato peeler or a sharp paring knife to peel the rind from the lemon and add to a small saucepan.
2. Squeeze the lemon into the pan, removing and discarding the seeds.
3. Add sugar, elderflower cordial and water to the pan.
4. Place pan on low heat and simmer the syrup for 10 minutes, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
In the meantime, peel, core, and dice the apples.
5. When syrup thickens add apples to the pan and continue to simmer for about 5 minutes until they are soft but not mushy.
6. Take pan off the heat and let the apples and syrup cool.
7. In the meantime, quarter the figs and add to a serving bowl
8. Add blackberries to figs.
When syrup has cooled, pour apples and syrup over fruit in the bowl and stir gently to combine.
9. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled and ready to serve.
10. Divide the fruit and syrup into coupes or dessert bowls.
11. Top with generous amount of thick chilled yogurt and drizzle with honey on top. Serve the fruit salad at once