Chicken and Black Bean Salad
|Broiler fryer chicken breast halves||4 , boned, skinned|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Cumin||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly cracked|
|Black beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), canned, drained and rinsed|
|Sweet corn||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), canned, drained and rinsed|
|Green onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped (White And Green Parts Included)|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 , seeded, minced|
|Red lettuce leaves||4 , shredded|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 450Â°F.
2. In small bowl, make dressing by whisking together oil, vinegar, honey, cumin and pepper.
3. Over a double sheet of aluminum foil with edges turned up all around, place the chicken spooning over with 2 tablespoons of dressing.
4. Bake, uncovered in the preheated oven for 15 minutes such that fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
5. In a medium bowl, mix together beans, com, onion and jalapeno pepper and toss with 2 tablespoons of dressing to coat well.
6. Slicing chicken into strips, take a large plate and arrange lettuce topping with chicken strips spooning bean, mixture evenly over chicken.
7. Drizzle remaining dressing over salad, garnish with cilantro and serve.
Calories 436 Calories from Fat 209
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 73.4 mg24.5%
Sodium 83.9 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.6%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 31 g61.9%
Vitamin A 17.1% Vitamin C 7.3%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet