Honeydew And Strawberry Salad With Cooled Cucumber Dressing
|Iceberg lettuce head||1⁄2 , shredded|
|Honeydew melon||1 Small|
|Strawberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), hulled, sliced|
|English cucumber||1⁄3 , thinly sliced (2 Inch Piece)|
|Mint sprigs||2 (To Garnish)|
|Natural yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|English cucumber||1⁄3 , peeled (2 Inch Piece)|
|Mint leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lime rind/Lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely grated|
|Superfine sugar||1 Pinch|
1. Line 4 salad plates with shredded lettuce.
2. Halve the melon lengthwise and then slice each half into half to get 4 equal slices.
3. Remove the seeds and fibers and thinly slice off the skin.
4. Dice the melon slices into 1-inch pieces.
5. Scatter melon pieces, strawberries and cucumber equally over the lettuce.
6. Cover the plates with plastic wrap and refrigerate the salad until ready to serve.
7. Make the dressing in a small food processor or liquidizer jar by combining the ingredients and blending for about 15 seconds until smooth. Alternatively if you do not have a blender, finely chop cucumber and mint and combine with crushed ice cubes and other ingredients and whisk well.
8. Spoon the dressing over the salad and garnish with fresh mint spring.
9. Serve at once.