Celery Root Herb Salad
|Celery root||1 , washed and peeled (4 1/2 Inches Diameter)|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic clove||1 Large|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Thyme leaf||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
1) In a food processor bowl with a slicing disc, process the celery root until sliced.
2) In a shallow pan, cover the celery root with water and add juice of half a lemon, 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
3) Bring to a boil, then cook over a medium heat for 6-10 minutes until just tender.
4) In a medium bowl, drain and place the celery root.
5) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the parsley until finely chopped and add to the celery root.
6) Add onions in the processor bowl and process until finely minced and add to the celery root.
7) Add garlic clove in the processor bowl and process until minced.
8) Then add oil, juice of 1 lemon, vinegar, thyme, pepper and rest of the sugar and salt, then process until well-mixed.
9) Pour over the celery mixture, toss well to mix, then refrigerate covered for at least 40 minutes.
10) Serve chilled on individual serving dishes.
Calories 98 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 295.7 mg12.3%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 1 g2.5%
Vitamin A 11.6% Vitamin C 38.1%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet