Green Fruit Salad With Mint And Lemon Syrup
|Charentais/Honey dew melon||1 Small|
|Seedless green grapes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mint sprigs||2 (To Decorate)|
|Lemon||1 , peeled for rind|
|White wine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Clear honey||4 Tablespoon|
1. To make the syrup, in a small heavy saucepan, combine the wine and honey and throw in the lemon peel.
2. Place pan on a medium low flame and heat, stirring until honey blends into the wine.
3. Simmer the syrup for 10 minutes until thickened and reduces.
4. Take pan off the heat and throw in mint sprigs. Leave aside to cool and flavors to macerate into the syrup.
5. In the mean time, cut melon in half and remove the seeds and fibers.
6. Use a melon baller or a rounded teaspoon to scoop out melon balls into a glass bowl.
7. Peel and dice the kiwi fruit and add to the bowl with melon.
8. Core and dice the apples and add to the fruit bowl.
9. Strain the cooled syrup over the fruit and mix well.
10. Reserve the lemon rind, and discard mint sprigs.
11. Sliver the lemon rind and keep aside for garnish.
12. Chill the fruit in the refrigerator if serving later.
13. Spoon the fruit and syrup into coupes and garnish with fresh mint sprigs and lemon rind juliennes.