Three Bean Salad
|Pasta||8 Ounce (small pasta)|
|Sweet onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Canned beans||70 Ounce, drained and rinsed (1 can- green beans; 1 can- black beans; 2 cans- cannellini; 1 can- garbanzo)|
|For mustard dressing|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (lemon flavor)|
|Brown mustard||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
1. In a large pot, fill water and bring it to boil.
2. Add the pasta and season with salt. Cook for around 10 minutes or till the pasta is fully cooked.
3. Drain in a colander. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, add the onions, rinsed beans and the pasta.
5. DRESSING: In a small bowl, mix olive oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix well till all are combined.
6. Pour this dressing over the pasta bean mix and toss it well to coat all.
7. In a serving plate or bowl, serve the salad fresh either with bread or bacon.
The choice of beans can be as desired.
Bacon can be added as an ingredient.
Calories 1200 Calories from Fat 402
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.9%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2904.3 mg121%
Total Carbohydrates 154 g51.5%
Dietary Fiber 28.2 g112.7%
Sugars 11.9 g
Protein 45 g90.3%
Vitamin A 0.02% Vitamin C 13.6%
Calcium 25.4% Iron 58.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet