Turnip and Watercress Salad
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Watercress||1 1⁄4 Bunch (125 gm), coarse stalks removed (Or Large)|
|Dijon style mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Mayonnaise/Prepared mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Using a knife peel the turnips. With a shredder, roughly mince into long thin strips with a shredder or cut into julienne strips with a knife.
2) Roughly cut watercress.
3) In a medium bowl put the turnip strips.
4) Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
5) Toss the mixture until coated.
6) Let stand for 30 minutes to soften turnips.
7) Add watercress to the turnips.
8) In a small bowl, add mustard and mayonnaise. Blend the mixture.
9) Add the mixture to the salad.
10) Toss to coat turnip strips and watercress with dressing.
11) Serve immediately.