Orange Watercress Salad
|Watercress||1 1⁄4 Bunch (125 gm) (1 Large Or 2 Small Bunch)|
|Oranges||2 Medium, peeled|
|Oranges||2 Medium, peeled, seeded, sectioned and sliced crosswise|
|Green onions||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Include Some Green Tops)|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, freshly squeezed|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 , squeezed|
|Orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried mint||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a small bowl, mix together lemon juice, orange juice, mint, oil and salt.The dressing is ready.
2) Wash the watercress thoroughly.
Snap and discard the large stems.
3) Pat dry the leaves on paper towels and then refrigerate.
4) In a bowl or on a plate,arrange the watercress just before serving.
5) Now arrange orange sections and green onions.
6) Pour dressing over salad.
7) Lightly toss but make sure the contents are coated with the dressing and serve.
Calories 165 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.2%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 135.7 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 18 g
Protein 2 g4.6%
Vitamin A 33.9% Vitamin C 189%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet