Mango And Ginger Chicken Salad
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, grated (Fresh)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chicken breast/Turkey breast||1 Pound|
|Boneless chicken breast/Turkey||1 Pound (1 Inch Cubes)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Regular Or Light)|
|Plain yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mango||1 , peeled and diced|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Green onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced (For Garnish)|
1) In a skillet, saute the ginger, garlic, chicken, salt and pepper in the oil for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is tender.
2) In a salad bowl, remove the chicken and keep aside.
3) In the same skillet, add the chicken broth and lemon juice, allow to boil until the pan liquid is reduced to about 1 tablespoon, scraping the sides.
4) Then allow the liquid to cool.
5) In a bowl, mix the reduced pan liquid, mayonnaise and yogurt together, toss into chicken to coat well.
6) Stir in the mango, celery and red pepper, mix well.
7) Refrigerate for several hours until ready to serve.
8) Sprinkle with the thinly sliced green onions and serve immediately.
Calories 512 Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.5%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g16.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 145 mg48.3%
Sodium 374.6 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.1%
Sugars 17.4 g
Protein 55 g109.2%
Vitamin A 38.2% Vitamin C 88.8%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet