Christmas Turbot Salad With Green Olives
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 , freshly squeezed|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Parsley||4 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Onion||4 Tablespoon (Leveled), chopped|
|Mayonnaise||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Wash and clean the turbot.
2. Slice the fish in 3/4 inch thick slices.
3. In a saucepan, bring salted water to a rapid boil.
4. Pour in milk.
5. Gently add the fish slices to the liquid.
6. Reduce heat to low and simmer the fish until it is cooked and flakes easily with a fork.
7. Use a slotted spoon to remove the fish slices. Strain and reserve stock for another purpose.
8. When cool enough to handle, remove skin and bones and flake fish.
9. Add flaked fish to a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice
10. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
11. Add chopped parsley and onion.
12. Toss lightly but thoroughly.
13. Just before serving, add mayonnaise and gently mix being careful not to mash the delicate fish.
14. Turn onto a platter and garnish with green olives before serving.
Calories 463 Calories from Fat 338
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.2%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92.5 mg30.8%
Sodium 460.5 mg19.2%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g7%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 26 g51.4%
Vitamin A 18.5% Vitamin C 52.1%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet