Warm Scallop Salad
|Shallots/Scallions||2 , finely chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||2 , peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Mint||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Defatted chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Watercress||3 Bunch (300 gm), stems removed|
1) Place a 2-quart saucepan over moderate heat and sauté the shallots or scallion in the oil till they are soft. This takes about 2 minutes.
2) Add the pepper and lime juice.
3) Take the pan off the heat and add the mint and tomatoes. Stir well.
4) Keep the mixture aside.
5) Place a large non-stick frying pan over moderate heat and warm the stock.
6) Add the scallops and gently simmer for about 5 minutes or till the scallops are a little translucent in the middle.
7) Take the pan off the heat and pour half of the tomato mixture all over the scallops.
8) Among individual plate, divide the watercress and spoon the scallops on the top. Use the remaining tomato mixture to drizzle the preparation.
9) Serve as preferred.