Ham Salad With Hot Peanut Dressing
|Boneless ham||3⁄4 Pound, cooked, thinly sliced|
|Peanut oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Peanut butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lime juice||3 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon (Reduced Sodium)|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon, granulated|
|Cucumber||1 Medium, seeded and thinly sliced|
|Red onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Romaine lettuce/Curly endive||6 Cup (96 tbs), torn into bite-size pieces|
|Radicchio head/Boston lettuce||1|
1) In a skillet or microwave, heat the ham slices over a medium heat. Cover and keep warm.
2) In an electric blender or food processor, blend the oil, peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and sugar together.
3) In a small saucepan or glass measuring cup, pour the peanut butter mixture and heat until the mixture is hot and bubbly.
4) In a large bowl, mix the cucumber, Romaine lettuce or endive and onion together.
5) Line a large salad bowl or individual serving plates with the radicchio and place the cucumber mixture.
6) Arrange the ham slices and spoon over the hot peanut dressing.
7) Sprinkle with the roasted peanuts, if desired and serve immediately.