Sunny Sweet Potato Salad
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Sweet potatoes||2 Pound, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (2 Potatoes, About 1 Pound Each)|
|Idaho potatoes||2 Pound, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (2 Potatoes, About 1 Pound Each)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, coarsely ground|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mango chutney||3 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Curry powder||3 Tablespoon (Best Quality)|
|Scallions||4 , thinly sliced on the diagonal (3 Inches Each, Green Left On)|
|Flat leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. In 2 medium-size pots, prepare salt water and bring to boil.
2. Add sweet potatoes in one pot and cook for 5-6 minutes until just tender; keep uncovered.
3. In the other pot, cook Idaho potatoes for 8-10 minutes until tender.
4. Once potatoes are cooked; drain.
5. In a bowl, combine both the types of potatoes.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. In a large mixing bowl, mix together mayonnaise, chutney, and curry powder.
8. Add the potatoes and fold gently with a rubber spatula.
9. Add scallions and parsley; mix well.
10. Serve at room temperature.