Chicken With Black Bean Salad And Cumin Vinaigrette
|Chicken breasts||3 Pound, boned and skinned (3 Whole, Boned And Skinned, (About 1 Pound Each),)|
|Black beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), soaked in water for 12 hours or overnight|
|Onion||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 , seeded and finely chopped|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 , seeded and finely chopped|
1. Get the grill ready or get the boiler on heater mode.
2. Wash beans properly and rinse them thoroughly.
3. Take a medium saucepan, and put together beans, onions, salt and 6 cup of cold water and let them boil.
4. Now reduce the heat and cook the beans under slow heat till these get tender for 30-40 minutes.
5. Drain the water and allow the beans to cool down under room temperature.
6. Place the chicken breast pieces on a small glass dish.
7. Take a small bowl and put into it olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, mustard, pepper, and cumin together seasoned by ½ teaspoon salt.
8. Add 2/3rd of the vinaigrette over the chicken breasts; cover the pot and let it sit for 30-35 minutes for marinating.
9. Place the beans in a mixing bowl.
10. Add tomatoes, peppers, the left over salt, and the remaining portion of vinaigrette.
11. do gentle tossing until items are properly mixed.
12. Cook the chicken breast 4-5 minutes on each side
13. Do basting once while the dish is being cooked.
14. Let the preparation be cool at room temperature.
15. Slash the chicken breasts into small pieces and then toss with the beans.
16. Cover and refrigerate till the dish is ready to serve.