Chicken Salad With Snow Peas And Water Chestnuts
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon (1/4 Stick)|
|Whole chicken breasts/4 breast and 2 thigh pieces||2 (From Fryer Chickens)|
|Lemon||1 , freshly squeezed|
|Snow peas||1⁄2 Pound|
|Canned water chestnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Orange||1 , zested|
|Lime||1 , zested|
|Light soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Rice vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 , zested and juiced|
|Chili oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Light vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Szechuan pepper flakes||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to the desired temperature of 350°.
2) Grease a baking dish and place the chicken in it, skin side facing up.
3) Sprinkle on top with salt and pepper and lemon juice.
4) Wrap tightly using an aluminum foil.
5) Bake for about 25 to 35 minutes. The meat should remain moist.
6) In a large pot of salted boiling water, blanch the snow peas for half a minute.
7) Drain and cool them using ice water. Drain again and put aside.
8) Cool the chicken, remove the skin and bones, and thinly slice the meat.
9) Take a serving bowl,arrange the chicken along with the snow peas and water chestnuts.
10) Mix together all the ingredients for the dressing and pour it over the salad.
11) Toss well to combine, add required seasoning, serve garnished with zest.