|Bread slices||1 Large (3/4 Inch Thick, Coarse Bread)|
|Garlic clove||1 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|Flat-leaf parsley||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste, coarsely ground|
|Ripe tomatoes||36 Ounce (6 Medium Size, 6 Ounce Each)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
1. Toast the bread lightly and then roughly break it into large chunks.
2. In a food processor, put together roasted break, garlic and parsley.
3. Pulse the machine on and off for about 15 seconds; just to get bread crumbs of medium size.
4. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and season with thyme, salt and pepper.
5. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
6. Cut tomatoes crosswise in halves.
7. Using a small melon bailer, scoop out some of the center pulp from the tomato halves.
8. Discard seeds and finely chop the pulp.
9. Add the chopped tomato pulp to the crumb mixture.
10. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to crumb and mix well.
11. Divide the crumb mixture equally into 12 portions and stuff into the tomato halves.
12. On a baking sheet, arrange the tomatoes.
13. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over them.
14. Bake for 20 minutes until bubbly.
15. In a preheated broiler, broil tomatoes at a height of 4 to 5 inches from the heat source.
16. Heat for about 30 seconds until the surface is golden.
17. Serve immediately.
Calories 221 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.5%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 180.6 mg7.5%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.7%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 4 g7.3%
Vitamin A 61.7% Vitamin C 79.7%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet