Classic Orange And Onion Salad
|Curly endive head||1⁄4|
|Mild white onion||1 Large|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Wash endive and lettuce leaves and plunge them in a bowl of ice-chilled water.
2. Let soak for 15 minutes.
3. With a sharp knife, peel the oranges and thinly slice, removing pith and seeds.
4. Peel the onion and slice thinly into rings.
5. Drain lettuce and endive and pat dry on paper toweling
6. Line a salad bowl with them.
Heap orange and onion slices in the salad bowl.
In a small bowl, combine and stir dressing ingredients.
7. Just before serving, dress salad.
8. Serve salad immediately after dressing it.