Easter Egg Salad
|Yellow onions||3 Large (Skins From Onions)|
|Head of lettuce||1 , shredded|
|Bean sprouts||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Green mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Made With Watercress)|
|Lumpfish caviar||4 Ounce (For Garnish, 1 Jar)|
1. Into a medium saucepan pour water up to 3 inches deep and bring onion skins to a boil.
2. Water will turn a deep golden color.
3. Add eggs to pan and simmer for 12 minutes and remove eggs reserving the cooking liquid.
4. Plunge cooked eggs into cold water peel them and return to colored water.
5. Let them simmer for 3 minutes such that they attain a rich golden color.
6. Drain and refrigerate until served.
7. To serve, on a large plate arrange lettuce and bean sprouts to resemble a bird's nest.
8. Place hard-cooked eggs on top.
9. Over the eggs pour some mayonnaise and serve the remaining mayonnaise separately with a garnish of caviar, if desired.