Raspberry And Dried Cherry Salad
|Bibb lettuce head/Boston lettuce||1 Small|
|Leaf lettuce head/Small head of romaine lettuce||1|
|Fresh spinach||1⁄2 Pound|
|For raspberry vinaigrette|
|Unsweetened raspberries||10 Ounce, frozen, thawed (1 Package)|
|Raspberry vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Pecan pieces||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), toasted|
|Tart cherries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), dried|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Half and half cream/Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Wash the Bibb lettuce,radicchio, leaf lettuce and spinach thoroughly and drain and tear the leaves into small Chill, if you wish, until ready to use.
2) For preparing raspberry vinaigrette :Mash raspberries by pushing them through a fine sieve first and puree with the help of a wooden spoon.
3) Collect at least 3/4 cup of the puree.
4) In the container of an electric blender, mix together vinegar and sugar.
5) Blend until smooth.
6) Continue running the blender, slowly fold in oil and then slowly add half-and-half and raspberry puree also and mix well.
7) Chill until ready to serve.
8) Shake well before serving.