Avocado Pineapple Salad
|Canned pineapple slices||4|
|Low fat cottage cheese||1 Pint|
|Syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (From The Canned Pineapple)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salad greens||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Required)|
1) Cut the avocados in halves along the length.
2) Discard the peel and seeds.
3) Slice each part crosswise in 8 pieces.
4) Season the avocado pieces with a little lemon juice or canned pineapple syrup to prevent discoloration.
5) Cut pineapple slices into halves.
6) Use 4 salad plates to line with greens.
7) Spread cottage cheese over the greens to make a base for the pineapple and avocado slices.
8) Reassemble one avocado half over each serving of cottage cheese, alternating with avocado pieces with pineapple halves.
9) In a bowl, combine pineapple syrup, honey, lemon juice and mint.
10) Pour the pineapple syrup mixture on top before serving.