Spring Carrot Salad
|Small carrots||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Plain yogurt||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Oranges||1⁄2 , grated peel and juiced|
|Chopped fresh parsley/Chives||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1. Scrub carrots leaving very small carrots whole.
2. Make lengthwise pieces out of the larger carrots in half.
3. In a medium saucepan place carrots add 1 cup water and season with salt and pepper.
4. Let it boil, simmer for 5 to 8 minutes such that carrots are crisp-tender.
5. Drain and set aside to cool.
6. For making dressing, in a small bowl, combine yogurt, orange peel, orange juice and parsley or chives and season with salt and pepper.
7. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate carrots and dressing separately such that served.
8. To serve, on a platter, place cooled carrots and top with dressing.
9. Serve with cold meats.