Summer Potato Salad
|Boiling potatoes||3 Pound|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), minced|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|White wine vinegar||6 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Onions/Celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), thinly sliced|
1) If preferred, scrub the potatoes and peel them.
2) In a 4-quart saucepan, put the potatoes and cover them with cold water.
3) Bring the potatoes to a boil and then cook for about 20 minutes or till the potatoes are easily pierced when tested with a skewer. They should not be mushy.
4) Drain the potatoes and wash them with cold water. Slice thinly.
5) With the parsley and thyme, gently toss the potato slices.
6) Whisk together the mustard, juice and garlic in a medium bowl. Add the oil slowly and whisk.
7) Pour the dressing all over the potatoes and lightly toss to coat evenly.
8) Add the celery or onions and toss properly.
9) Serve chilled or a room temperature, as preferred.
Calories 165 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9.3 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.8%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 3 g5.3%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C 45.9%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet