Pacific Rim Chicken Salad
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rice vinegar/White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Smooth peanut butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apple juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin||2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Fresh ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Chicken breasts and thighs/8 chicken breast halves||4 , breasts halved, cooked|
|Red bell pepper||1 , diced or julienned|
|Chicken breast halves and thighs/8 chicken breast halves||4 , cooked|
|Jicama||1 Small, peeled and julienned|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 Ounce, sliced , drained (1 Can)|
|Green onions||6 , sliced or julienned (White And Green Parts)|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 Ounce, sliced, drained (1 Can)|
|Snow peas||48 , trimmed, stringed and blanched 30 seconds in a microwave oven or in boiling water|
|Cashews||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), toasted (Optional)|
|Sesame seeds||3 Tablespoon, toasted (Optional)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (As Required, For Deep Frying)|
|Rice sticks||4 Ounce|
1) In electric blender or a food processor bowl fitted with a steel blade, process the parsley until minced.
2) Then add and process the garlic until minced.
3) Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, vegetable oil, peanut butter, rice vinegar, apple juice, ginger, hot chili oil, brown sugar and cumin into the blender and process until the dressing is smooth.
4) Skin, bone and cut the cooked chicken into 1/4-inch wide strips.
5) In a glass bowl, place the chicken strips, pour over the dressing and cover with plastic wrap.
6) Then refrigerate the chicken mixture for atleast 1 hour.
7) In another mixing bowl, add the bell pepper, jicama, water chestnuts, snow peas, cashews, sesame seeds and green onions, toss well to mix.
8) On a large, rimmed platter, place the mixture and
9) In a wok or Dutch oven, heat 3-4 inches vegetable oil on a high heat, until very hot and fry the rice sticks in batches until they puff up.
10) Remove on a large plate lined with a paper towel.
11) Remove chicken mixture and vegetable platter from refrigerator 15 minutes before serving.
12) Drain and reserve the dressing from the chicken.
13) Arrange chicken strips over the vegetable platter, pour over the dressing and toss gently coat.
14) Spread the fried rice sticks on top and serve immediately.