Anne's Ham And Cheese Salad Tea Sandwiches
|Virginia ham||1 Cup (16 tbs), julienned, baked|
|Gruyere cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), julienned|
|Creme fraiche||10 Tablespoon|
|Grainy mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste, coarsely ground|
|Thin white bread slices||16 (Best-Quality)|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon (At Room Temperature)|
1) In a small bowl, place the ham and cheese together.
2) In another bowl, mix the creme fraiche and mustard together.
3) Add into the ham and cheese, sprinkle with pepper to taste and mix well.
4) Spread one side of each bread slice with 1/2 teaspoon butter.
5) Then spread buttered side of 8 slices with 1 tablespoon of the ham and cheese salad.
6) Cover with other 8 bread slices with the buttered side down and trim off the crusts from each sandwich.
8) Halve the sandwiches diagonally and serve immediately.