Kohlrabi Wild Rice Salad
|Wild rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Kohlrabi||4 Cup (64 tbs), peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|For roasted kohlrabi|
|Kohlrabi||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), peeled and diced|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In a medium saucepan, place the rice and cover with 3 to 4 inches of cold water.
2. Heat the saucepan and bring water to a boil.
3. Drain the rice completely and repeat the process twice.
4. Again cover the rice with cold water and bring to a boil.
5. Simmer, the rice uncovered for 15 minutes or until rice begins to open.
6. Drain the rice and set aside to cool.
7. In a pan, heat olive oil and toss the cubed kohlrabi and add in salt and pepper.
8. On a baking sheet, place the kohlrabi in a single layer.
9. Roast in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until browned and tender.
10. In a non-stick pan, heat 2 tablespoon of olive oil, add in the diced kohlrabi, onion, and carrots.
11. Sauté for 5 minutes or until the onion and carrot are soft.
12. Raise the heat, and add in the white wine, and cook the wine off.
13. Season with salt and pepper and allow to cool.
14. In a bowl toss together rice, kohlrabi mixture and roasted kohlrabi with savory and ½ of the dressing and season with salt and pepper if needed.
15. Serve the salad with remaining dressing on side.