|Chicken breasts||3 Pound|
|Bay leaf||1 Large|
|Boiling water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tart apple||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise/Cooked salad dressing||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Light cream||3 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a saucepan, place together chicken, carrot, cut up celery, sliced onion, black peppercorns, 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, the bay leaf, and boiling water.
2) Heat the chicken mixture and bring to boil and reduce heat.
3) Put the lid on and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is tender.
4) Using a perforated ladle, take the chicken out of the broth,
5) Allow the chicken to cool and place in refrigerator until well chilled.
6) Remove and discard skin from chicken and cut the meat from bones in large pieces.
7) In a large bowl, place together chicken, sliced celery, apple, green pepper, and grated onion.
8) In another small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, cream, curry powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and the white pepper until well mixed.
9) Stream the mayonnaise mixture over chicken mixture and toss lightly until well combined.
10) Cover and refrigerate the chicken mixture until needed at least 1 hour.
11) Spoon the Curried-Chicken Salad over a bed of mixed lettuce if desired onto large platter.
12) Garnish the salad with watercress.