Warm Lentil Salad
|Green lentils||12 Ounce, soaked in water for 3-4 hours (375 Gram)|
|Green lentils||12 Ounce, soaked in water for 4 hours (375 Gram)|
|Onion||1 , peeled|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Dried thyme||1 Pinch|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled|
|Leek||1 , thinly sliced|
|Celery||4 Ounce, chopped (125 Gram)|
|Smoked streaky bacon||7 Ounce, diced (200 Gram)|
|Smoked streaky bacon||7 Ounce, smoked (200 Gram)|
|Snipped chives||1 Tablespoon|
|Walnut oil||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
|Sherry vinegar||6 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a large pan, place the lentils, peeled carrots, clove studded onion, thyme, bay leaf and garlic in water.
2) Allow to boil, then simmer for 30-35 minutes. Remove the bay leaf, garlic and vegetables, drain the lentils well.
3) In a pan with slightly salted boiling water, place the thinly sliced carrots along with the celery and leeks for a few minutes, drain well.
4) Whisk all the vinaigrette ingredients together and keep aside.
5) In a skillet, saute the bacon until crisp. Remove and stir into the lentils along with the vegetables.
6) Mix well, drizzle the mixture with the vinaigrette and toss well.
7) Garnish with the snipped chives and serve warm.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5254 Calories from Fat 2463
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 281 g432.9%
Saturated Fat 38.6 g192.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 163.3 mg54.4%
Sodium 2798 mg116.6%
Total Carbohydrates 481 g160.4%
Dietary Fiber 220 g879.9%
Sugars 34.9 g
Protein 225 g449.9%
Vitamin A 498% Vitamin C 141.7%
Calcium 65.7% Iron 320.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet