Warm Lentil Salad
|Green lentils||12 Ounce, soaked in water for 3-4 hours (375 Gram)|
|Green lentils||12 Ounce, soaked in water for 4 hours (375 Gram)|
|Onion||1 , peeled|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Dried thyme||1 Pinch|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled|
|Leek||1 , thinly sliced|
|Celery||4 Ounce, chopped (125 Gram)|
|Smoked streaky bacon||7 Ounce, diced (200 Gram)|
|Smoked streaky bacon||7 Ounce, smoked (200 Gram)|
|Snipped chives||1 Tablespoon|
|Walnut oil||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
|Sherry vinegar||6 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a large pan, place the lentils, peeled carrots, clove studded onion, thyme, bay leaf and garlic in water.
2) Allow to boil, then simmer for 30-35 minutes. Remove the bay leaf, garlic and vegetables, drain the lentils well.
3) In a pan with slightly salted boiling water, place the thinly sliced carrots along with the celery and leeks for a few minutes, drain well.
4) Whisk all the vinaigrette ingredients together and keep aside.
5) In a skillet, saute the bacon until crisp. Remove and stir into the lentils along with the vegetables.
6) Mix well, drizzle the mixture with the vinaigrette and toss well.
7) Garnish with the snipped chives and serve warm.