Marinated Lamb Steaks With Barley Salad
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Dried red chili flakes||1 Pinch|
|Dried chili flakes||1 Pinch|
|Mint||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm), chopped (1 Small Bunch)|
|Lean lamb leg steaks||8 Ounce, trimmed of any fat (2 Pieces, 100 Gram / 4 Ounce Each)|
|Pearl barley||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Broad beans||8 Ounce, podded and skins removed, if desired (200 Gram, Fresh / Frozen)|
|Broad beans||8 Ounce, podded and skins removed, if you like (200 Gram Of Either Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Frozen petit pois||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Red onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Lemon||1 , juice extracted and zest grated|
|Lemon||1 (Use Zest And Juice)|
1. Prepare the marinade by mixing one tablespoon, the garlic, the chilli, half the mint, salt and pepper together.
2. Rub the steaks all over with the marinade and set aside to soak up the flavors for 2 hours
3. In a pot, boil water and add the pearl barley to the boiling water. Boil the barley for 20 minutes till its tender.
4. In the same pot, add the beans and cook till tender in the last two minutes of the barley’s cooking time.
5. Drain really well
6. In a large bowl, tip the drained barley and beans. Add the red onion, remaining mint, lemon zest and juice, oil, salt and pepper to the barley and beans. Toss everything well.
7. Heat a griddle or a frying pan until its almost smoking.
8. Cook the lamb for 4 minutes on both sides if you want your meat rare and pink. Cook the meat longer if you want the meat well done
9. Divide the barley salad in two plates for serving.
10. Add the meat to the salad, along with the pan juices.