Anchovy Caesar Salad
|Corn oil/Olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Thick bread slices||2 , cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|Romaine lettuce head||1|
|Canned anchovy fillets||2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1. To make croutons, in a medium skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons corn oil or olive oil and sauté garlic and bread cubes such that bread is crisp and golden brown and drain on paper towels.
2. Make bite-size pieces out of the lettuce, take a salad bowl and place lettuce pieces.
3. Chop anchovy fillets and add chopped anchovies with their oil to the lettuce.
4. Add Parmesan cheese and toss to combine.
5. Add remaining corn oil or olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and toss well.
6. In a small saucepan cook egg in boiling water for 1 minute break egg over salad and toss gently.
7. Then toss croutons and serve.
Calories 315 Calories from Fat 215
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.2%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 67.2 mg22.4%
Sodium 919 mg38.3%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 10 g20.3%
Vitamin A 168.5% Vitamin C 37.4%
Calcium 18.4% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet