Chicken Salad Deluxe
|Broiler fryer chicken||3 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, sliced|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Chopped dill pickle||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a kettle or Dutch oven, add the chicken, water, sliced onion, celery tops and salt together.
2) Bring to a boil and simmer covered over a low heat for about 1 hour, or until the chicken is tender. Remove from the broth and allow to cool.
3) Skin and bone the chicken, then cut the meat into small pieces and place in a bowl.
4) In a small bowl, blend the mayonnaise or salad dressing, sour cream, lemon juice and pepper together.
5) In the bowl with chicken, add the celery, onion and dill pickle, then add the dressing and toss well to coat.
6) Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to blend the flavors well.
7) In a lettuce lined salad bowl, spoon the salad, sprinkle with the paprika and serve immediately.