Chicken Salad And Grilled Vegetables With Thyme Vinaigrette
|Chicken breasts||3 Pound, skinned and boned (3 Whole, 1 Pound Each)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Ears of corn||4 , shucked and cooked|
|Zucchini||2 Large, scrubbed, blanched in boiling water for 3 minutes and lengthwise quartered|
|Red onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely chopped, then soaked in ice water for 10 minutes, drained and patted dry|
|Red bell peppers||2 , quartered|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Grainy mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Minced fresh thyme/1 teaspoon dried thyme||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh cilantro/Parsley||3 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Prepare a charcoal fire Brush
2. Prepare and season the chicken breasts with oil, salt, and pepper.
3. When the coals will become hot with a layer of white ash, you may start grilling the chicken breasts 6 to 8 inches away from the heat for 5 minutes per side.
4. Place the grilled breasts on a cutting board and let them be cooled at room temperature.
5. Slice into 1/3-inch-wide lengthwise strips.
6. Brush the corn with oil and place on the grill toward the outer rim, away from the intense heat source, for about 10 minutes.
7. Turn the corn as and when required until it gets lightly colored and marked with grill impressions.
8. Grill the zucchini, onion, bell peppers, and scallions in the same manner; grilling time for each of the veggies will be different and you should grill till they become only tender but not soft.
9. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, mustard, garlic, thyme, and salt and pepper. Whisk in the oils in a thin, steady stream until well combined.
10. Arrange the chicken strips and vegetables on individual plates or one large dish.
11. Drizzle on half of the vinaigrette and pass the rest on the side.
12. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve the dish at room temperature.