Stir Fried Beef With Nasturtium Salad
|Lean casserole steak||1 Pound, cut into thin strips (500 Gram, Prime)|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Medium dry sherry||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh root ginger||1⁄2 Inch, peeled and grated|
|Soft brown sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Corn flour||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicory head||1 , trimmed|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
1) Finely grate the rind and squeeze the juice from one orange.
2) In a bowl, place beef strips and season with grated rind and juice.
3) In a bowl, add soy sauce, sherry, ginger, sugar and corn flour.
4) Pour the marinade over beef and coat well.
5) Place inside refrigerator for 30 minutes by covering the bowl.
6) Reserve the marinade by draining the beef.
7) On 4 serving plates, arrange the chicory leaves.
8) Peel the remaining orange, removing all the white pith. Divide the orange segments carefully.
9) Place the orange over the chicory leaves.
10) Place 2 nasturtium flowers on each plate.
11) In a wok or a large frying pan, heat oil.
12) Stir-fry the beef strips over high heat for 2 minutes.
13) Pour in the marinade to cook for another minute.
14) Place the beef on serving plates and serve immediately.