Provencale Seafood Salad
|Iceberg lettuce head/Boston lettuce||1 , washed and chilled|
|Romaine lettuce head||1 , washed and chilled|
|Mayonnaise||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Preferably Homemade)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Anchovy fillets||2 , finely chopped|
|Finely chopped basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped capers||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||To Taste|
|Poached fish||1 Pound, diced (Cold)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cooked shrimp||1⁄2 Pound|
|Ripe tomatoes||6 , seeded and cut into wedges (For Garnish)|
|Black olives||12 , cut into halves (For Garnish)|
|French dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Garnish)|
1. In a medium bowl, combine the ingredients for the dressing except the fish and shrimp. Mix well.
2. Gently fold in the poached fish and most of the shrimp (reserving a few for garnish) into the sauce until well coated.
3. Line a salad bowl or platter with lettuce.
4. Heap the seafood mixture in the center.
5. Garnish with reserved shrimp tomato wedges and black olives.
6. Serve with a bowl of French dressing on the side.
Calories 680 Calories from Fat 537
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92.6%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 135.2 mg45.1%
Sodium 1119.8 mg46.7%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.8%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 19 g38.4%
Vitamin A 155.9% Vitamin C 70.7%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet