Marinated Tomato Salad
|Tarragon vinegar/White wine vinegar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Finely chopped shallots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped chives||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground white pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Plum tomatoes||6 , vertically quartered|
|Yellow tomatoes||2 Large, sliced|
|Cherry tomatoes||16 , vertically halved (Red Variety)|
|Yellow pear tomatoes||16 Small, vertically halved|
1. To prepare the marinade, in a large glass mixing bowl add vinegar and stir in salt until dissolved.
2. Add shallots, chives, lemon juice and white pepper to the vinegar and mix well.
3. Add the oil in a slow and steady steam, whisking constantly until all of it has been incorporated into the mixture.
4. Toss tomatoes in this marinade.
5. Cover bowl and marinate tomatoes at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours.
6. Arrange on a large serving platter by arranging tomatoes in concentric circles or
7. On each of 8 salad plates, arrange 3 plum tomato quarters, 2 slices yellow tomato, 4 cherry tomato halves and 4 pear tomato halves.
8. Garnish with sunflower sprouts, if desired.