Christmas Eve Salad
|Romaine lettuce head||1 Large|
|Canned small beets||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned small beets||16 Ounce, drained and sliced (1 Can)|
|Oranges||3 , peeled and thinly sliced|
|Bananas||2 , peeled and thinly sliced|
|Pineapple/1 can, 16 ounce pineapple chunks, drained||1 Small, peeled, cored and cut into chunks|
|Jicama||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Lime||1 , peeled and thinly sliced|
|Pomegranate seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
1) In a small bowl, mix together oil, vinegar, salt and cayenne.Keep the dressing aside for later use.
2) Discard the large outer leaves from Romaine,wash thoroughly and drain.
3) Take a large, shallow salad bowl,make a layer of these leaves .
4) Wash well and drain remaining Romaine,coarsely shred them.
5) In a salad bowl, place the shredded leaves.
6) Arrange beets, oranges, bananas, pineapple and jicama on top of shredded lettuce in an artistic way.
7) Pour the prepared dressing over salad and serve garnished with lime slices, pomegranate seeds and peanuts.