Yellow Rice Salad
|Yellow rice||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Green onions||6 , chopped, including tops|
|Pimento stuffed green olives||24 , sliced|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 Ounce, sliced (1 Can)|
|Canned sliced water chestnuts||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Curry powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried dill weed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Marinated artichoke hearts||12 Ounce (2 Jars, 6 Ounce Each)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Cook the rice as per the directions on the package.
2) Stir in the green onions, olives and water chestnuts.
3) Then stir in the curry powder, salt, dill weed and pepper, mix well.
4) Drain and reserve the marinade from artichokes, then quarter and stir into the rice mixture.
5) Blend the reserved marinade with the mayonnaise, then toss into the rice mixture.
6) Cover and refrigerate overnight for the flavors to blend.
7) Serve on individual lettuce lined serving plates.